Thursday 22 February 2007

Tales from the City - Amistead Maupin

What a fantastic and funny book - it had me chuckling and even laughing out loud a couple of times. No mean feat considering I was pressed between a fellow commuter's smelly armpit and another's beer belly on the hell that is the Central Line during rush hour. This book was recommended to me years ago but it was just one of those that I've never got round to reading until now. I'm so glad I did, it's a real gem and already one of my favourite books this year (with Perfume a close 2nd).

Also managed to catch my first Book Crossing release this week which was extremely exciting. As soon as the alert popped up in my inbox, I rushed out for lunch to the spot which was a posh New Bond Street shop staffed by bemused sales assistants with trendy, sculptured, gravity-defying hair.

No comments: